Shake A Bucket for Heart Kids 2014 has now finished
01 Aug 2014 - 21 Sep 2014
DID YOU KNOW?
- Congenital heart defects are New Zealand's #1 birth defect
- There are more than 40 types of congenital heart defects
- There is no cure for a childhood heart defect, whether congenital or acquired through childhood illness. Surgery may help, but a defect is never completely fixed.
- Heart Kids supports over 2,500 families every year.
- Over 450 open-heart surgeries are performed on tiny hearts every year at Starship Hospital
In fact, Johnny and Georgia, the gorgeous faces of our 2014 appeal are both heart kids who underwent only the first of many open heart surgeries to come, at just 4 days old.
All the services Heart Kids provides are free of charge.